History
HOME > About College > History

History of Japanese Red Cross Toyota College of Nursing

1941

Japanese Red Cross Aichi Chapter Hospital School of Nursing was established.

1943  

The school changed its name to Nagoya Red Cross Hospital School of Aid Nursing.

1946  

The school changed its name to Nagoya Red Cross Hospital School of Nursing.

1950  

Due to the enforcement of a new law, the school changed its name to Nagoya Red Cross School of Nursing. It was appointed as a first-grade school of nursing.
The school changed its name to Nagoya Red Cross Higher School of Nursing. (Abolished in March 1991)

1976  

The school changed its name to Nagoya Red Cross Vocational School of Nursing.

1989  

Japanese Red Cross Aichi Women’s Junior College of Nursing opened.

1997  

The school changed its name to Japanese Red Cross Aichi Junior College of Nursing.

1998  

Regional Nursing Study Course (Public Health Nurse Course) was established.

The school was accredited by National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation.

2004  

School of Nursing, Department of Nursing, Japanese Red Cross Toyota College of Nursing opened.

2006  

Japanese Red Cross Aichi Junior College of Nursing was closed.

2010  

Nursing Course, Nursing Study, The Graduate School of Japanese Red Cross Toyota College of Nursing (Master Degree) was established.

History of Japanese Red Cross Society

1877  

A group of people performed relief activities for casualties during the battles of the Southwestern Rebellion.

1877  

Tsunetami Sano and Yuzuru Ogyu established the Philanthropic Society.

1887  

The name was changed to the Japanese Red Cross Society.

1890  

Training of nurses began at the Japanese Red Cross Society.

1901  

The act on the Japanese Red Cross Society was enacted, and the Japanese Red Cross Society was registered as an incorporated association.

1966  

Japanese Red Cross Academy was established.

History of International Red Cross

1859  

Henry Dunant came upon the scene of the battle of Solferino during the Italian unification.

1862  

Henry Dunant published “A Memory of Solferino”.

1863  

Committee of the Five was established, and developed Geneva Conventions and Red Cross emblem.

1876  

Committee of the Five changed its name to “International Committee of the Red Cross”.

1919  

International Federation of Red Cross was established.

1991  

Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies changed its name to “International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies”.